Each degree programme has its own Programme Committee (Opleidingscommissie, OLC) that is made up of lecturers and students. It provides advice to the Education Board and the Programme Director of the degree programme in question.
Each OLC meets a number of times a year to discuss all matters related to the degree programme, including the programme reports and course evaluations, the curriculum, and the quality of the programme.
In addition, all OLCs come together at least six times a year at a joint meeting to discuss general topics related to all degree programmes, such as the Course and Examination Regulations (OER), quality standards, curricula and teaching and examination schedules.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Issue advice on improvements to degree programmes and quality standards;
- Issue advice on changes to the OER;
- Issue advice on teaching and examination schedules;
- Periodic discussion of the outcome of course evaluations;
- Issue advice on the quality criteria the degree programme must satisfy, including the course evaluations;
- Issue advice on changes to the curriculum;
- Issue advice in reponse to the programme report;
- Communicate about the quality of the programmes to students and staff.