Advice in education matters
The programme committees advise the institute and faculty councils about everything that concerns education. Furthermore, these committees actively contribute to quality assurance of the Institute’s bachelor’s and master’s programmes. Both staff and students are represented in the programme committees. They maintain close contact with their constituencies, for whom they serve as a point of contact.
Suggestions for improvement?
How students see their programmes is and important indicator for the quality of education. The programme committees make sure that students are being heard, for example, during the annual of the Course and Examination Regulations, the course calendar and teaching evaluations. At the same time, ad hoc advice is appreciated. As a student, you can always contact your Programme Committee with ideas or proposals to further improve the quality of our programmes.
The Institute of Political Science has two programme committees:
Each committee has its own e-mailbox. Messages are dealt with confidentially and teachers and professors have no access to this mailbox.
Programme Committee Bachelor’s
- Frank de Zwart (chair)
- Gisela Hirschmann
- Adeel Hussain
- Cynthia van Vonno (vice-chair)
- Sabrina Daadour (BSc Political Science: International Relations and Organisations)
- Marit van der Heide (BSc Politicologie)
- Elena van der Klok (BSc Politicologie: Internationale Politiek)
- Ignacio Otero (BSc Political Science: International Relations and Organisations)
Programme Committee Master’s
- Matthew Di Giuseppe (chair)
- Claire Vergerio (vice-chair)
- Jonah Schulhofer-Wohl
- Merle Geihler (specialisation International Organisation)
- Sergio Beneitez Parajes (specialisation International Politics)
- Koen Reedijk (specialisation Nationalism, Ethnic Conflict, and Development)