Education and Child Studies
The Institute of Education and Child Studies is part of the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences at Leiden University. The institute is governed by an Insitute Board under the direction of a rotating chairman, i.e. the Scientific Director and the Director of Studies.
The Institute Board is responsible for the educational programmes offered by the institute, the research programmes carried out by the academic staff of the institute and the finances and personnel of the institute.
Six programme groups
The Institute of Education and Child Studies consists of six programme groups. These groups deal with one of the sub-areas within the educational sciences.
- Clinical Neurodevelopmental Sciences
- chair: Hanna Swaab
- Educational Science
- chair: Marian Hickendorff
- Forensic Family and Youth Care Studies
- chairs: Mitch van Geel
- Learning and Behaviour Problems in Education
- chair: Marga Sikkema - de Jong
- Parenting, Child Care and Development
- chair: Shelley van der Veek
- Research Methods and Statistics
- chair: Ralph Rippe
These programme groups are supported by the Institute Office of Education and Child Studies.