- is responsible for the management and organisation of the Faculty with respect to education, teaching and scholarly practice.
- is responsible for the administration of the Faculty. The Executive Board has delegated authority to the Faculty Board with respect to personnel, financial and general management pursuant to the stipulations in the Executive and Management Regulations and the mandate regulations that apply to the Faculty Board. The Faculty Board may in turn delegate authority to the Academic Directors with regard to the academic institutes.
- is authorised with regard to the general management of the Faculty to set guidelines for the Academic Directors.
- consults regularly with the Academic Directors collectively. It fulfils its responsibilities in close cooperation with these directors and strives to obtain the broadest possible support for its decisions.
- observes the guidelines formulated by the Executive Board in accordance with article 9.5 of the Dutch Higher Education and Research Act (WHW).
- is accountable to the Executive Board and provides it with information regarding the Faculty.