JZ advises and supports the Executive Board, faculties and services in any legal matters that may arise. These can range from the implementation of educational legislation to handling objections, and from preparing and conducting legal proceedings on behalf of the University to drafting regulations.
What does JZ do?
- Issues advice in the areas of administrative law, higher education legislation and civil law.
- Drafts regulations that establish the structure of the University and its faculties and updates these wherever necessary.
- Drafts and assesses agreements.
- Advises on the statues of foundations associated with the University.
- Acts as point of contact for legal protection within the University.
- Administers letters of objection and appeal, holds hearings and prepares advice and decisions in this area.
- Runs the secretariats of the Examination Appeals Board; the Complaints Committee for sexual intimidation, aggression, violence and discrimination; and the Central Polling Station (CSB) for University elections.
- Drafts case files and represents the University in hearings in court (administrative law sector), at the Council of State, at the Administrative High Court and at the Appeals Tribunal for Higher Education.
Position at the University
JZ operates under the General Management and Legal Affairs department, which in turn operates under the University’s Administration and Central Services department.
All JZ staff can be found here.
Tel. +31 71 527 3156
Tel. +31 71 527 3155
|PO Box 9500
2300 RA Leiden
2312 EZ Leiden
Plan your route