Strategy and Academic Affairs Directorate
Strategy and Academic Affairs is responsible for strategy development and policy advice relating to teaching and research. It is the duty of SAZ to inform and advise the faculties.
What does Strategy and Academic Affairs do?
- Prepares for decision-making and applications for new degree programmes
- Translates legislation into educational practice
- Develops policy to promote and support student success
- Promotes the internationalisation of the teaching
- Advises on developments in the research profiles
- Supports accreditation processes
- Supports research funding
- Supports sustainability
- Promotes diversity and inclusion
- Develops PhD policy
- Drafts the strategic plan
- Develops policy on professors
- Is responsible for the academic integrity policy
Position at the University
SAZ operates under Administration and Central Services
SAZ staff who are responsible for research can be found here and staff who are responsible for teaching can be found here.
+31 71 527 6848
|PO Box 9500
2300 RA Leiden
2311 EZ Leiden
Plan your route