The Faculty of Archaeology has a Faculty Career Committee. At the request of the Faculty Board or Department Chairs, this committee advises on promotion and appointment requests.
The Career Committee has a role in promotions of current academic staff to higher positions. This concerns internal promotions from, for example, Assistant Professor to Associate Professor. The Career Committee advises the Faculty Board on internal nominations, based on the UFO profiles and the 'Guidelines for the appointment and promotion of academic staff', with special attention to Recognition and Appreciation.
The Career Committee has a role in the procedure for recruiting and appointing full professors. In an abbreviated procedure, the Career Committee advises on the development path of the relevant internal candidate.
The Career Committee consists of a chair, the faculty HR advisor and three external members.
- Prof. Wil Roebroeks (chairman)
- Prof. Bart Barendregt (Faculty of Social Sciences)
- Prof.dr. Martina Vijver (Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences)
- Prof. Dr. Jürgen Zangenberg (Faculty of Humanities)
- Isabelle Mollink (HR advisor Faculty of Archaeology)
Board Secretary Dr Johan Verweij is secretary of the committee.