Faculty Board FSW
The Faculty Board is the highest administrative body in the Faculty.
Tasks Faculty Board
- establishing the course programmes, after approval by the Faculty Council, and issuing more detailed regulations concerning the set-up and scale of examinations;
- establishing the Faculty regulations, after approval by the Faculty Council;
- approving research programmes;
- drafting the annual Faculty budget
- advising the University Board on the appointment of professors.
The Faculty Board consists of 4 members of the Faculty community, all appointed by the University Executive Board. The chairperson, with the title of ‘Dean’, is recruited from the professors. The Faculty Board includes at least one student member (called "assessor).
The Faculty Board is accountable to the University Executive Board, and is responsible for:
- the organisation and coordination of education and research in the disciplines subsumed under the Faculty
- monitoring the execution of course and research programmes
- preparing the consultative meetings with the Faculty Council, and
- announcing and carrying out the decisions taken there.
The Faculty is run according to the principles of Integral Management. The head of the Faculty is the Dean, who is ultimately responsible for policy and administration. The Dean is Chair of the Faculty Board.
Members Faculty Board
- The Dean, prof. Paul Wouters, is responsible for General Management, Human Resources Management (chair positions), Library- and Research Policy and is the Dean of the Graduate School.
- Dr. Kristiaan van der Heijden is the Director of Education. As such he is responsible for all bachelor's.
- Mr.drs. Rolf Oosterloo MPA is executive director and responsible for management and administrative support, and for developing the organisation’s priorities in operational areas.
- The Assessor (student-member) Linde Helfrich is responsible for Student Affairs.