ICT Shared Service Centre
Every member of staff and student needs reliable ICT facilities. As the central ICT service provider, the ICT Shared Service Centre (ISSC) provides high-quality ICT facilities to all staff and students. The 130 members of the ISSC provide support for the University’s teaching, research and business operations. The ISSC is currently making the transition to an agile organisation: client-focused, agile and reliable. The management and development of services is the responsibility of DevOps teams.
What does the ISSC do?
- Develops and manages university workplace facilities.
- Offers fast internet access and administers the university network.
- Provides secure access to e-mail, the remote working environment and many other services by means of a robustly designed Identity and Access Management (IAM) structure.
- Offers ICT support via a helpdesk portal (24/7) and decentral helpdesks.
- Administers the ICT information systems for business operations and teaching.
- Provides advice on ICT solutions.
- Applies an agile working method within a continuously changing environment.
If you would like to know more about our future plans, you can read the 2019-2025 ISSC Long Term Plan [Dutch Only].
Position within the university
The ISSC is one of the expertise centres at Leiden University. The services provided by the ISSC are centred within specific departments: Customer Application Services, Customer Relations, Finance & Control, Infra & Workspace Services, Research IT Competence Centre and Strategy & Facilities. The organisational structure of the ISSC can be found in the Organization chart (PDF).
View the Management Team of the ISSC.
|PO Box 9512
2300 RA Leiden
Niels Bohrweg 1
2333 CA Leiden
Plan your route
|071 - 527 8888|
|071 - 527 6969|