Board of Deans / Doctorate Board
The Board of Deans is a consultative structure for all faculty deans. The Board also acts as Doctorate Board. This is specified in the Leiden University PhD Regulations.
What does the Board of Deans/Doctorate Board do?
- Acting as the Doctorate Board: conferring doctorates and honorary doctorates, recognition of co-tutelle and joint doctoral agreements, advising the Executive Board on the establishment of special and sponsored chairs, granting of Ius Doctoral Examinations to non-professors, and decisions on amendments to the Doctoral Degree Regulations
- Collegial – non-decision- making – consultation on teaching and research in the broadest
sense of the word
- Advising the Executive Board on promotions to HGL-1
- Advising the Executive Board on awards from the Coryfee fund
- Selection of the annual Cleveringa professor
- Awarding the Scaliger medal, in close discussion with the director of the Leiden University
- Planning the celebration of the University’s annual Dies Natalis, including the choice of Dies lecturer(s).
Position at the University
The Board of Deans is where the faculty deans meet. The Rector Magnificus is the chair.
See the members of the Board of Deans.
Secretary to the Board of Deans
Contact Doctorate Board
|Beadle of the University (in Dutch)|
2300 RA Leiden
2312 EZ Leiden
Plan your route