Financial & Economic Affairs
The Financial and Economic Affairs (FEA) department at the Faculty of Governance and Global Affairs is responsible for managing the faculty’s financial resources.
The FEA department comprises five staff members: the faculty controller, 2 finance, planning & control officers, one project controller and one administrator.
Pascal van Leeuwen, project controller, is the point of contact for all questions relating to projects.
The faculty controller and finance, planning & control officers focus particularly on the provision of information internally and intermal control. The tasks are allocated as follows:
- Gert Renkema is the contact for FGGA-wide affairs, and specifically for the Faculty Board and Faculty Office;
- Selma Ablak is the contact for CPL and ISGA;
- Lychinta Zichem is the contact for BSK and LUC.
Wesley Dijkstra, administrator, supports the units as far as possible with respect to financial administration,, e.g. by creating sales invoices.
The FEA staff members’ tasks are set out below:
Gert Renkema, controller, is responsible for the following activities:
- Managing the finance team;
- Setting up the budgets for the units and consolidating these individual budgets for the whole faculty;
- Drawing up quarterly reports and the faculty’s annual financial statement;
- Providing financial advice to the units, the Faculty Board and the Faculty Office.
Pascal van Leeuwen, project controller, is responsible for the following activities:
- Drawing up budgets for project proposals;
- Monitoring the progress of projects and discussing them with project leaders;
- Monitoring budgets and adjusting budgets in consultation with the budget holders;
- Ensuring adequate control of AO projects;
- Providing financial advice for projects;
- Providing financial reporting and (final) accountability to the grant provider/client.
Finance, Planning & Control Orricers
- Drawing up budgets for the institutes and centres;
- Monitoring the budgets and adjusting them in consultation with the budget holder;
- Supporting the BFRs, budget and the faculty’s annual financial statement;
- Providing financial advice to the units;
- Ensuring proper internal control for the setting up and maintenance of a complete AO description (process descriptions and functional authorisation matrix);
- Supporting the setting up and monitoring of the faculty’s planning and control cycles.
Wesley Dijkstra, administrator, carries out the following activities:
- Generating sales invoices;
- Generating journal posts (rectifications and internal bookings);
- Generating SAP numbers;
- Structuring project files;
- Contacting the credit and debit administration;
- Managing interim accounts;
- Sending monthly standard financial reports to the activity and budget holders;
- Entering changes in SAP budgets;
- Providing financial information as requested by the units.