Tying opportunities and Leiden possibilities together by:
* early involvement in researchers’ ideas and projects
* supporting for strategic decisions at departmental level
* supporting commercial development
* managing strategic alliances
* managing existing accounts
* identifying and bringing in promising opportunities.
Grant Development (at the moment part of Strategic & Academic Affairs SAZ)
increasing the chances of getting research funding by:
* giving one-to-one advice on the match between the funding opportunity, the researcher’s profile and research ideas
* organising workshops and trainings on the acquisition of research funding
* reviewing proposals and for complex (multistakeholder) projects, coaching researchers through the process of shaping the research proposal
* informing researchers and support staff at Leiden University about research funding opportunities, application processes and developments
* giving strategic advice on funding strategies and related developments.
Curious about the information on the Luris Internal Research Funding Portal? Visit our website.
Entrepreneurship (part of Libertatis Ergo Holding BV (LEH)
spurring entrepreneurship in the hearts of Leiden academics by:
* Supporting planning and approval of spin-outs
* supporting the application of Leiden knowledge in start-ups
* managing UNIIQ and Enterprise Leiden Fund
The Legal Affairs team reviews, drafts and negotiates research related agreements and gives advice about research collaborations and knowledge exploitation, via:
* reviewing, drafting and negotiating agreements
* giving advice on research collaborations and exploitation of intellectual property and know-how
* preparing and maintaining model contracts, and making these available to researchers via the Luris Contract Tool.