Confidential counsellor for academic integrity
The confidential counsellor is your first point of contact if you are concerned that there has been a breach of the Netherlands Code of Conduct for Academic Practice. This may include concerns about:
- Falsification and deliberately misleading interpretation of research results,
- Deliberately misleading use of (statistical) methods,
- Plagiarism of publications,
- Omitting or failing to recognise co-authors, or the unjustifiable addition of someone as (co-)author,
- Not amending errors following justified criticism, and covering up colleagues’ misconduct
What does the confidential counsellor for academic integrity do?
- You can discuss your questions and complaints about academic integrity.
- The confidential counsellor assists with mediation efforts or other attempts to resolve the complaint amicably.
- The confidential counsellor advises and offers guidance about submitting a complaint to the committee.
The confidential counsellor has a duty of confidentiality and is not part of the Academic Integrity Committee. In addition, you always have the option to submit a complaint directly to the Academic Integrity Committee.